Homeschool & After School
P.A.I.N.T. with Your Words
Using words instead of paint and a brush,
your student’s writing will come alive in bursts of color and texture
as he or she learns to create a picture in the reader’s mind.
Classes forming now
Please contact me at gina (at) ginaconroy (dot) com for more information or fill out the contact form below.
Recommended ages: 7 – 11 yrs. , 10-13 yrs., 15- 18 yrs (ages may vary according to skill level)
Jr High/High School homeschool class forming now for fall!
- Using words instead of paint and a brush, the student’s writing will come alive in bursts of color and texture as he or she learns to create a picture in the reader’s mind.
- Students should have a grasp on the basic parts of speech, typing, and use of email.
- Poetry and Journaling: Descriptive writing using sensory words and strong verbs and adjective
- Creative Writing: Showing vs. telling, passive vs. active writing
- Creative Writing: Figurative language: hyperbole, personification, similes, metaphors, etc.
- Creative and Paragraph Writing: POV, character voice
- Paragraph and Essay Writing: Varying sentence structure, sequential and transitional words
“I learned how to paint a picture in the reader’s mind.” -7th grader
P.L.A.Y. with Your Words
Express Yourself Writing Workshop is for boys and girls in the 3rd and 4th grade. Explore your emotions and unlock your inner voice through theatre games, role-playing, journaling, crafts, and games. The shy will come to life and the confident will flourish as students have fun learning to express themselves in a variety of ways. Through journaling emotions, writing ?self portraits,? and creating original poetry children will become comfortable with their emotions and learn to express themselves in a positive way. This class is held at Jenks Southeast Elementary, Room 109A. 6 classes.
Unlock your inner voice through writing and theatre games. This course is designed to help students become comfortable expressing their feelings, thoughts, and the world as they see it. Using journaling prompts, art, and improv theater games, students will explore their emotions and learn to express them in a variety of ways. Focus will be on writing and public speaking.
Why Be a Goop?
Writing the Tall Tale
Release the Novel in You!
Release the Memoir in You!
How to find your life’s theme and write your memoir because you have a story that must be told.
“I thoroughly enjoyed the class, especially it’s informal setting. It was an abridged, yet very informative class. Assignments were relevant and challenging yet not overwhelming. My biggest take-away was learning how to show the story rather than telling the story. I totally recommend the class.” –Dambisa Hara
Classes forming for Saturdays 10 – 12p